Melbourne Brain Centre, Austin Campus, 245 Burgundy Street, Heidelberg 3084
MPsych (Clinical)/PhD Candidate through Melbourne University (Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences), PhD research investigating the effect of focal epileptic seizures on music perception skills. Supervised by Prof Sarah Wilson and Prof Graeme Jackson. Clinical interests include health psychology and working with adults with a range of psychological issues. Research interests include clinical- and health-related, and neuropsychology/cognition research, with a particular passion for research in music neuroscience. Senior Clinical Research Associate on the CANVAS (Cognition And Neocortical Volume After Stroke) project with Dr. Amy Brodtmann, investigating the effects of ischaemic stroke over time, on cognition and brain volume.
AwardsListed below are Miss Laura Bird's awards.
- Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences international travel award 2014
- Mariani Foundation Neurosciences and Music conference travel award 2014
- International Epilepsy Congress (IEC) Gold Star poster presentation award 2013, Montreal, Canada
- International Epilepsy Congress (IEC) travel award 2013
- Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) 2010-2013