Histology and Neuropathology
The neuropathology laboratory is located on Level 4 of the Kenneth Myer Building. The facility provides neuropathology diagnostics and research resources for histological studies on both human and research animal tissues.
Services, on a cost recovery basis, are available to both in-house and out-of-house researchers with ethics approved projects requiring histological analysis.
Highly qualified and specialised staff are available for project consultation and to provide itemised quotes for studies requiring histological preparations.
- Fixation and processing of animal and human tissues for paraffin embedding
- Serial and series sectioning of paraffin embedded tissues
- Chemical staining and immunohistochemistry (Routine antibody panel)
- Microtome training and hire for client use
- Development of immunohistochemical methods for client supplied antibodies
- Hybridisation histochemistry
- Paraffin embedded tissue blots
- Macroscopic and microscopic digital image acquisition
- Labels and microscope slide printing
Brain health affects all Australians. You can support our research by making a donation or a bequest.