Histology and Neuropathology
The neuropathology laboratory is located on Level 4 of the Kenneth Myer Building. The facility provides neuropathology diagnostics and research resources for histological studies on both human and research animal tissues. Services, on a cost recovery basis, are available to both in-house and out-of-house researchers with ethics approved projects requiring histological analysis. Highly qualified and specialised staff are available for project consultation and to provide itemised quotes for studies requiring histological preparations.
Back to Scientific Services
- Fixation and processing of animal and human tissues for paraffin embedding.
- Serial and series sectioning of paraffin embedded tissues.
- Chemical staining and immunohistochemistry (see routine antibody panel).
- Microtome training and hire for client use.
- Development of immunohistochemical methods for client supplied antibodies.
- Hybridisation histochemistry.
- Paraffin embedded tissue blots.
- Macroscopic and microscopic digital image acquisition.
- Labels and microscope slide printing.