2021 Honours, Masters and PhD information session
Are you passionate about making a difference and improving lives through brain research?
Welcome to The Florey, one of the world’s top 10 brain medical research institutes and home to over 600 researchers discovering the secrets of the brain. Our mission is to improve the lives of people living with brain and mind disorders and diseases through world-class research and translational outcomes.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, our open day this year has been moved online. We look forward to meeting prospective students for our Virtual Student Open Day.
Why choose The Florey?
- Over 4.7 million Australians are directly affected each year by one of the conditions that we research
- Expertise in over 18 diseases which affect the brain and mind
- Over 200 active research projects and clinical trials
What types of research projects are on offer at The Florey?
- The Florey conducts multidisciplinary research into the brain and mind. Projects that are open for student applications this year are suitable for students with biomedical or clinical expertise, and we also have a range of projects available which are suitable for students with a background in physics, chemistry, engineering, mathematics, statistics or informatics.
- We recommend looking through our website to get a full understanding of projects on offer, and if something interests you, email the supervisor to arrange a time to discuss.
Our 2020 Virtual Student Open Day will be held in an online format on Tuesday 29 September 12:00- 1:30pm
The event will include:
- Online information session
- Learn about studying at the Florey and how to apply for student projects
- Panel discussion about Florey student life
- Meet our students and hear about life as a Florey student.
Brain health affects all Australians. You can support our research by making a donation or a bequest.