- Attractive salary and benefits
- Based in Parkville, Melbourne
- Full-time initial 12-month appointment
An excellent opportunity is available for a highly motivated individual to join an outstanding team of scientists and staff, and work within the Vascular Neurodegeneration Laboratory (Dementia) at our Parkville facility under the direct supervision of A/Prof Amy Brodtmann. This position is to cover staff on maternity leave with potential for an extension following the original appointment period.
The candidate will be responsible for the behavioural testing and monitoring of animals and will be involved in the day-to-day scientific activities of the groups (e.g., experimental design, planning and execution). The position will forge relationships with key researchers internally and externally, nationally and internationally to promote the sharing of ideas and data sets and the completion of high-quality manuscripts and grant applications. It will also involve the mentoring and guidance to junior research staff including students, and research assistants.
The successful candidate will have:
- PhD in biological science.
- Experience handling rodents (rats and mice) and in the use of histological techniques as well as microscopy imaging.
- Proven experience in the preparation of scientific manuscripts, abstracts and presentations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with excellent time management skills. Strong Microsoft Office and data analysis software package skills is desirable.
- Ability to supervise staff and students and oversee the management of projects.
The salary on offer is in the range of $82,086 - $88,116 commensurate with experience, plus generous superannuation and salary packaging options.
Applicants who meet the criteria listed in the attached Position Description should ‘apply now’ and submit via email by no later than 4pm on Friday, 1 March 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact our Human Resources Team on email@example.com