- Attractive salary and benefits
- Based in Parkville, Melbourne
- Part-time/Full-time position for 12 months
About the role:
An excellent opportunity is available for a highly motivated individual to join an outstanding team of scientists and staff, and work within the Vascular Neurodegeneration Laboratory (Dementia) at our Parkville facility under the supervision of A/Prof Amy Brodtmann.
The candidate will be responsible for the behavioural testing and monitoring of animals and will be involved in the day-to-day scientific activities of the groups (e.g., experimental design, planning and execution). It may also involve undertaking lab-based techniques including animal surgery, tissue preparation, immunohistochemistry and microscopy.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor (Honours) or equivalent in biological science
- Experience handling rodents (rats and mice) and in the use of histological techniques as well as microscopy imaging
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with excellent time management skills. Strong Microsoft Office and data analysis software package skills is desirable.
The salary on offer is in the range of $68,635 - $72,346 commensurate with experience, plus generous superannuation and salary packaging options.
Applicants who meet the criteria listed in the attached Position Description should ‘apply now’ and submit via email by no later than 4pm on Friday, 1 March 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact our Human Resources Team on email@example.com